The AXIS Research Team (ART) Black Foil set up looks and feels like nothing else.
On the water these wings blow your mind! The AXIS ART front wings sit at the forefront of wing design and development, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible for a foil. The incredible speed and glide of these wings, coupled with effortless pump and efficiency, enables you to ride the smallest lump way further outside the surf zone than ever before.
The team at AXIS are extremely excited to see how these very responsive, nimble yet confidently precise and planted wings take the down-winding, wing foiling, wind foiling and smaller surf markets by storm.
ART foils are ideally matched with the Progressive rear wing range and Carbon foil masts.
Not sure what you need or looking for a different set up? Get in touch to discuss alternative options.
AXIS Black ART Foil includes:
- Front carbon wing with cover
- Rear carbon wing with cover
- Black fuselage with shim for rear wing
- Aluminium mast (19mm) or Carbon foil mast
- Doodad Adapter* 19mm (connects mast to fuselage)
- Foil base plate* 19mm
- Stainless steel or Titanium Screw & Key Set
*Doodad adapter and foil base plate only required for aluminium masts
See more specifications for the ART front wings.
Front Wings in the Black ART Series:
- 1099 – low stall speeds and ease of use characterise this wing.
- 999 – turns incredibly well and a surprisingly user friendly wing.
- 899 – incredible speed, great glide coupled with effortless pumping and carving.
- 799 – incredible speed, great glide coupled with effortless pumping and carving.
- 699 – an ultimate controlled speed machine for towing and prone surfing larger more powerful waves and winging in higher wind conditions.
Rear Wings in the Black ART Series:
Black Fuselages in the ART Series:
Available in multiple sizes for different types of riding – the longer the fuselage the more stable the ride / the shorter the fuselage the looser and quicker the turning.
- Standard Fuselage – 784mm
- Short Fuselage – 703mm
- Ultra-Short Fuselage – 643mm
- Crazy-Short Fuselage – 603mm
Aluminium Masts in the ART Series:
AXIS Aluminium Masts are stiff, strong, and ready for any use and conditions. Designed to give foilers a very direct feeling to their foil which is critical for foiling.
- 105cm – great for big swell downwinders
- 90cm – the choice of big wave enthusiasts and tow-ins, when combined with the S-Series 680 front wing. It’s also the choice of downwinder pros when competing in open ocean swell.
- 82cm – the ultimate length if you find the 75cm just a bit too short and the 90cm slightly too long. Perfect for higher performance riding on Surf, tow-in, Wake, Pump, SUP, Wing or Kite.
- 75cm – used on bigger surf, downwinders and more advanced riding with the S-Series foil.
- 68cm – most common foil mast length for prone surf foiling and all round SUP.
- 60cm – most common mast that you will start putting hours on. Some riders might never need a taller mast, depending on their style, local conditions or discipline.
- 45cm – ideal for your first flights, while you are learning how to foil or in shallower waters.
Carbon Masts in the ART Series:
Whether winging at speed, laying deep carves on a wave face or pumping and linking up swells on a downwinder. AXIS Power Carbon masts enter a new realm of control and connection between board and foil.
The new AXIS Power Carbon masts are available in two models, the Power Carbon and Power Carbon – High Modulus, the latter providing additional strength and 35% more bend resistance than our industry-leading 19mm aluminium mast. The High Modulus will be the mast of choice for the most discerning rider seeking ultimate performance, and heavier riders using our larger span foils.
- 102cm – For wide high aspect front foils, big wave and tow-ins, wing foil, wind foil and kite foil.
- 90cm – For wide high aspect front foils, big wave and tow-ins, downwinder pros in open ocean, great for wing foil, wind and kite foil.
- 82cm – Ideal for bigger surf, downwinders and advanced riding with all foils.
- 75cm – For wing foil or a great ‘surfy’ option for kit foiling, good for shallow areas.